Five Day Corporate Training Programme in Milan/Italy September 18 – 22,
Course Length: Five Days
To provide participants with a solid foundation in the principles, concepts, and practices related to introducing power market tariff design and electricity regulation’ knowledge and comprehension of the regulatory frameworks, policies, and processes that govern the energy and utility sectors.
We aim to empower participants with the knowledge, skills, and perspectives necessary to navigate the evolving energy and utility regulatory landscape and contribute to the efficient, sustainable, and equitable functioning of these sectors.
A five day certificated course introducing energy and utility regulation. This course is suitable for professionals working in regulatory bodies, energy utilities, government agencies, legal firms, consulting firms, and other relevant organizations to expand their professional network, exchange experiences, and share best practices. It offers opportunities for collaboration and learning from peers and industry experts.
The course has these main aims:
- Strategic Level Industry Concepts: To present various concepts and tools to help in decision making at senior levels in power sector industries
- Case studies: To present relevant examples from around the world;
- Practical exercises: To enable delegates to put into practice the theory they are learning;
- Business game: To enable delegates to learn in a fun, interactive and competitive way to practice many of the skills in a simulated real life energy business or project development environment.
Program Tuition: We can train up to 15-25 people together at a go., with a minimum of 5. The seminar will start at 9:00 AM and will finish at 5:00 PM on each day, with an hour for lunch. The fee includes program tuition; conference venue; daytime meals on programme days including refreshment breaks; welcome reception and closing awards reception; classroom materials. Attendees also receive a professionally produced seminar manual and bag that can serve as valuable office references. Programme fees vary according to the number of attendees. For a 5-day course they are:
5 to 10 attendees: £4200 per person (minimum 5 attendees);
10 to 15 attendees: £4000 per person
15 to 25 attendees: £3600 per person
Delegates personal accommodation, transport costs, and evening meals are not included
- Industry Structure, Value Chain
Energy Value Chain; Industry Structures; Your National Electricity Industry
- Legal, Contractual, and Regulatory Framework
Legal and Contractual framework; Introduction to Power Purchase Agreements; Regulatory Framework; Trading and Supply
Pricing; Types of energy pricing; Pricing strategies
- Tariff Design
Tariff design principles; Cost of service tariff design; Cost allocation methodologies; Types of final tariff
Case Studies and Practical Sessions:
Case Studies; Practical Sessions; Business Game
We encourage an interactive approach where participants can question what is going on, take the programme at their own pace, and improve learning through practice. We provide learning through:
- Formal training through presentations and explanations
- Discussions – question and answer sessions plus group discussions of particular topics
- Case studies – real-life examples to help learning, making use of international best practices, most drawn from trainers’ personal experiences
- Practical exercises and other interactive sessions where participants will be able to practice for themselves during the course
- Simulation exercises and business games where delegates will be able to
practice their learning in simulated real-life situations
- Feedback – course leaders will provide constructive feedback and individual support to delegates where it is needed
- Guest speakers – depending on the particular course and the arrangements, we can also make use of our extensive network of senior executives and associates, to speak from their personal experience of the energy business or of negotiations, including from our Senior Professional Associates
Payments and Cancellations
Complete booking form and return for an acceptance letter, upon receipt 50% of fee is required and remainder fees to be settled at least 14 days in advance. All prices plus VAT and local taxes at prevailing national or international rate.
Note: There is no UK VAT for courses held outside the UK.
All courses must be paid for in advance of the course.
Payment needs to be received at least 14 days before course begins. Bookings cannot be confirmed until payment in full is made.
Bank transfer to our corporate bank account, as stated on invoice or please contact us for details.
Classes are daily from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., unless otherwise arranged with delegates. On occasion there may be overnight exercises for delegates.
To be added…